This laboratory course will develop students’ knowledge on Characteristics of AC and DC servo motor, Performance of second order systems in time domain, LTI systems using frequency domain analysis, and characteristics of synchros & controllers.
At the end of the course the student will able to evaluate the characteristics of a given AC and DC servo motor, Determine the performance of first and second order systems in time domain, analyze second order systems using frequency domain analysis and design of feedback control systems.
This laboratory course will develop knowledge on characteristics of different power electronic devices like SCR, MOSFET & IGBT and to simulate and test the rectifier on different loads like resistance and inductive, control methods of rectifiers choppers, cyclo converters, AC voltage controllers.
After going through this laboratory course the students gets a thorough knowledge on the power semiconductor switches characteristics and their applications, design of gate firing and commutation circuits for SCR’s analyze the operation of converters and choppers and simulate power electronics circuits and plot their characteristics.
|1||To prepare students to have a basic knowledge of electrical circuits.|
|2||To prepare students to have knowledge of circuit theorems.|
|3||To prepare students to have knowledge of resonance concepts.|
|4||To prepare students to have knowledge of two port networks.|
|5||To prepare students to have a basic knowledge of 1Ph Transformer.|
|6||To design a practical transformer.|
|7||To prepare students to have knowledge of DC Generators.|
|8||To prepare students to have knowledge of DC Motors.|
|9||To prepare students to have a basic knowledge of induction motors.|
|1||Able to explain basic circuit concepts and responses.|
|2||Able to do linear modeling of passive elements and sources.|
|3||Able to use analytical techniques in resistive circuits energized by direct sources.|
|4||Able to apply the concepts of network topology.|
|5||Able to implement the concepts of resonance|
|6||Acquire skills in using electrical measuring devices.|
|7||Have knowledge of various parts of electrical machines.|
|8||Able to conduct open circuit/ short circuit tests on 1Ph transformer|
|9||Able to conduct experiments on Ac Machines to find the characteristics.|
|10||Able to calculate torque and speed of a given Machine.|
|11||Able to conduct experiments on DC Machines to find the characteristics.|
1 To understand the basic concepts of circuit analysis.
2 To understand Single Phase A.C Circuits.
3 To understand Resonance concept.
4 To understand magnetic circuits.
5 Circuit theorems.
6 Net works topology.
1. Students will be able to explain basic circuit concepts and responses.
2. Will be able to do linear modeling of passive elements and sources.
3. Will be able to use analytical techniques in resistive circuits energized by direct current voltage and current sources applied in theorems.
4. Student will understand the concept of network topology.
5. Student will understand the concept of resonance.
6. Acquire skills in using electrical designing of circuits.
7. Acknowledge the principles of operation and the main features of electric machines and their applications.
8. Be able to systematically obtain the equations that characterize the performance of an electric circuit as well as solving both single phase and three-phase circuits in sinusoidal steady state.
9. Interpret the simulation results.
10. Will be able to evaluate lecture material with circuit simulation software and laboratory bench experiments.